Sunday, August 4, 2013

A little mommy time this week

So my husband and little guy are in Texas for 9 days visiting family. They left on Friday. It is super hard to be away from my little guy for that long especially with there being such a long distance in between us. I cried at the airport thinking of every possible scenario that could happen and that I'd never see him again. Maybe I should mention that I have always been a worrier but the anxiety level and "what if" situations that are constantly popping up in my head have multiplied since becoming a mommy. But so far it has actually been okay. I've got to Skype with him once and the family is great about posting pics on Facebook or texting them to me, which I so appreciate. Got to sleep in yesterday and just kinda chill and do my thing. Went to Zumba and came home, took a nice long shower, then took a 3 hour nap. So far today I have slept in, had some yummy breakfast and even did a workout DVD (The Extreme Makeover Bootcamp DVD, see prior post). I just did the beginner portion and am pretty sore. But I decided that with the boys being gone this week it would be a good time to really just focus on me, my healthy eating, and exercise. No distractions = no excuses right? Well that's what I'm hoping. Our anniversary is at the end of this month and I'm trying to really stay on track and focus. I mean obviously I won't be wearing anything cute in a month or be squeezing into a swimsuit or something, but just want to create those habits and get the junk out of my body so that I physically feel better. But seriously, it is HARD. Just every day having to constantly be thinking of what will I eat? How many calories is that? Does that have artificial sweeteners in it? Is it organic? How many calories did I just burn? Crap I need to drink more water...etc, etc, etc. I hope to get to a point to where I've got it down enough to where I don't have to track so much, but honestly it does help me a lot. I've been using MyFitnessPal consistently for 195 days (that's what it says whoo hoo!) and it does help. It is so easy to eat mindlessly and then after the fact realize that you just ruined your whole day with one stupid mistake. But, each day is a new day and an opportunity to start fresh. I have been trying to remind myself of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment